Software Engineer with 6.5+ years of experience excelling in highly collaborative work
environments, finding solutions to complex software challenges, and passionate about
architecture and design of complex backend systems. Pivoting recently into the blockchain industry after a successful completion of the Interchain Developer Academy program.
Extensive experience building complex microservice & monolithic systems for several different
stake holders across the U.S and LATAM like: open source projects, high growth tech companies
in the AI, Goverment, EdTech and Consumer industries. Special interests in the Blockchain
industry, specifically in tools for application specific blockchains and developer tools for building
the web3 ecosystem.
Jun 2020 -
Lead creation of open source project at https://github.com/diffgram/diffgram.
- Managed and executed new features based on product
roadmap and open source community discussions.
- Architected and implemented workflow management system similar to
Github actions using event driven architectures that incremented
annotations processes speed in more than 2x.
- Main lead in the technology strategy & implementation, optimized
existing systems, designed more than 4 new services and software
- Optimized a video pre processing engine to allow for the ingestion of
30GB+ videos to support video annotation in 4K by doing parallel frame
Lead Senior Backend Engineer (Golang)
Jan 2016 - Oct 2022
- Leading tech stack definition and software architecture as well as
creation for new versions of product.
- Migrated NodeJS monolith into a Microservice architecture with Golang
reducing number of bugs in monitoring system by 30%.
- Added Kafka as message broker across microservices for
communication which allowed processing of 1000+ of notifications per
- Refactored Backend Services in Golang for better scalability and
maintainability with Microservices Architectures.
- Defined new standards for unit testing and overall QA for the team,
getting test coverage to an average of 85% on backend services.
Contributed ideas and suggestions in team meetings with Cofounder's
and Product Owners and delivered updates on deadlines, designs and
Full Stack Developer & Board Member
Oct 2016 -
- Guided developers and performance engineers. Enhanced
supportability, identified performance bottlenecks on reporting systems
and optimized database queries as well as queue implementations for
CPU intensive processes with Redis Django and PostreSQL.
- Developed core features of products that have grown to more than
50,000 active users in 2 years using techonolgies like React, Redux,
Django, Docker, Elastic Search and Redis
- Redesign Reporting System to reduce report generation times from
3mins to less than 3 seconds using CQRS design patterns and better
Flask and Backend Developer
Nov 2020 - Nov 2020
Monad, Guatemala, Guatemala
Monad is a cutting-edge technology consultancy and innovation firm that
VueJS specializes in creating solutions through the lens of a #user-centric design
approach; ensuring simple and efficient solutions for our clients through
tailor-made products and services.
Collaborated in development of several consulting mandates and
Good projects for more than 10 clients across Europe, North America, and Latin America.
Developed solutions using React+Redux and Django for projects in Fashion Industry, Goverment, Education and Finance Industry, using AWS
Software Infrastructure (RDS, EC-2, S3 and CloudFront)
Created Web Applications and Rest API's using Django/Flask and Backend Developer worked on consulting projects to optimize Querysets and overall system
performance to allow querying on multi million rows databases.
Jul 2022 -
Interchain Developer Academy
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Jan 2012 - Dec 2016
Universidad Del Valle De Guatemala