In my current role as Legal Operations Associate for Meta, supporting the EMEA region, my role is to service a variety of stakeholders throughout the region, and support/partner the London-based outside counsel management and Legal Ops resource.
I am the primary point of contact (internally and externally to Facebook) for operational work in the EMEA region e.g. billing, matter management and other legal applications.
In EMEA, my duties include reporting and day-to-day handling of invoice/matter management queries for our law firms and internally.
I have developed strong and successful cross functional relationships across our wide spectrum of internal teams, including Legal teams, various technical teams, Finance and AP teams.
I actively identify opportunities to improve reporting and analytics processes and work with various stakeholders to implement changes.
I represent EMEA region perspective, contribute to process design efforts, special projects and continuous improvement initiatives to positively impact the Legal team and its clients.
I apply strong task management, time management and organisation skills to ensure the best possible service to our internal and external stakeholders.
I have Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft and Google business applications and I have excellent communication skills.
I have the ability to take accountability for pursuing the closure of tasks/enquiries in a timely manner.
* Learning the Meta Legal Ops systems and processes in detail in order to support internal and external partners.
* This is a high pressure environment where well developed skills, speed and attention to detail are of paramount importance to the smooth running of the function.
* High volume/value ebilling for a prestigious law firm in a fast paced, global environment.
* End to end processing from implementation to credit control.
* Writing and maintaining ebilling procedures for colleagues to use as guidance for ebilling.
* This role was important for me as the next step in my e-billing career because I was given the opportunity to learn billing and to learn a new practice management system.
* I learned to use Elite for billing and e-billing.
* Again I was a key point of contact globally for the firm, guiding new clients and clients on our e-billing matters. It was an excellent opportunity for me run the service on my own and see how E Billing Hub works with a different practice management system.
Feb 2012 - May 2015
* Managed the legal billing service as, part of a wider US based team. I was the primary point of contact for internal and external legal billing queries. Typically I was involved with handling secondment invoices, matter opening and a wide range of invoice queries. Essentially this role gave me good foundations for the role of Legal Operations Analyst.
* Audited and processed legal invoices in line with UBS billing controls.
* Acted as first point of contact for the client and legal firms; tasked with promptly resolving invoice based queries.
* Managed the relationship between UBS and law firms.
* In March 2013, part of a team responsible for launching and managing a new billing system called "Passport" which replaced the existing system.
onsite at Williams Lea.
* Physical collection of boxes containing data; checking and reconciling quantities.
* Actively involved in the workflow design, manual processing and defining of procedures to support the launch of a newly established records management online system for 300 users, a project which completely transformed Williams Lea archiving.
* Training clients to correctly use the current archiving system, including senior management teams and employees throughout APAC.
* Produced written sections of the system user manual.
* Reporting to EMEA stakeholders was a key responsibility of my job.
* Conducting regular system audits and provided annual client usage reports.
* Occasionally took ownership of responsibilities for EMEA record management to cover in line Managers absence.
* Oversaw the smooth management of the archiving and associated administration operation for UBS, exercising advanced skills in MS Office.
* Awarded this particular position due to astute problem solving skills and the ability to operate effectively and independently.
Trained by Canon to provide telephone technical support to a high volume of inbound calling customers for a range of products (including scanners, faxes, printers and digital cameras).
* Exercised advanced Excel skills to monitor stock control.
* Managed the office and reception desk.
* Engaged and communicated with customers in French and Spanish.
* Recruited, co-ordinated and supervised interpreters for multi-lingual conferences.
* Coordinated travel arrangements and contracts; ensuring paperwork was distributed in advance of conferences, allowing interpreters to apply the correct terminology.
Applied bilingual skills to provide exceptional standards of customer service to passengers throughout their journey on board the Eurostar.