We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to own and drive important high-level design and architecture across our distributed platform. As a Principal Engineer, you will collaborate actively with our product leaders and leadership team to understand high-level product needs over an extended timeframe, map out platform services, make framework decisions, and have influence across the entire Chainlink stack to drive massive impact in the blockchain industry.
- Architect our next-generation platform to extend our node from delivering external data and on-chain services to enabling trust-minimized distributed computation for a wide variety of smart contract applications.
- Architect and design components/service layers to sustainability scale as the number of blockchains integrations we support grows significantly.
- Work directly with leadership to take into account all product vectors and define our high-level technical roadmap to scale across multiple dimensions of blockchain integrations, applications, payment flexibility, and engineering operations as we grow.
- Collaborate with engineers, technical leaders and product managers across multiple teams to achieve consensus for technical decisions, concepts and guidelines.
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability/security of the product through coaching and utilization of frameworks, etc.
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment.
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling multiple production services, components and infrastructure.
- Successful experience collaborating with a team to support production services over multiple years as they evolved to scale with user demand and challenges.
- Deep knowledge of programming languages, tools and frameworks required to successfully build and deploy production services, with prior experience selecting these tools and frameworks.
- Experience owning multiple, months-long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners.
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.