What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
At Polygon we are seeking DevOps Engineers that have development and operational experience deploying, debugging, tuning and maintaining large scale Web deployments, high-performance, low-latency distributed applications, and container-based applications and microservices. You are ready to apply the best practices for monitoring, observability, security, and infrastructure automation to the task of improving and expanding the multi-cloud platform used by our growing set of deployments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Working to improve and maintain the reliability and availability of our services.
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and deployment, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes. Work with CI/CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Design and scale our back-end systems and platforms, adding automation, monitoring and observability as needed to increase the ability of teams to self-manage the code they’re deploying.
- Provide incident response and support for our production systems.
- Continued technical growth through constant experimentation, learning, and rapid project iteration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field, or 7+ years of progressive relevant experience.
- You have good knowledge of IaC tools like Terraform
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructure, and Linux/Unix system administration tasks on varied linux distributions with deep knowledge of linux fundamentals.
- Experience with Debian & RedHat derivatives like Ubuntu or CentOS & successors preferred.
- Experience with managing SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, RDS, InfluxDB, & LevelDB.
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc. Ansible is a must; Hashicorp tool experience is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of IaC tooling like TerraformFamiliarity with Docker and other container environments along with container orchestration tools like Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with continuous Integration and continuous delivery tools, like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc.
- More than five years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Must have extensive AWS cloud experience and familiarity configuring, scaling, tuning and monitoring the range of AWS services. A multi-cloud background with strong experience in any of GCP, Azure, ACS, & Digital Ocean or other clouds in addition to AWS would be excellent.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
- You have experience producing operational and design documentation for the things you build, and have written blameless post-mortem docs after troubleshooting service issues.
How you'll work:
- We're a global, distributed team because we take talented, motivated people where and when we find them
- That means you'd be one of over 400 remote employees working in 24+ countries. You'll manage your availability along with the availability of resources to support the varied operational, functional, and regulatory needs of people employed in so many locations, and using so many service providers to connect to company systems.
- You'll partner with DevOps, MIS & Security team members in locations where employees are clustered to meet availability objectives and to accommodate location and team-specific service requirements.
- For this role, the preferred availability is anywhere within the GMT+12 timezone: New Zealand, Fiji, etc
- Please Note: If your resume indicates a location other than the region indicated for the position, you'll still be expected to work the daytime business hours within the timezone indicated
Polygon (Previously Matic Network) is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building multiple types of applications. Using Polygon, one can create Optimistic Rollup chains, ZK Rollup chains, stand alone chains or any other kind of infra required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (aka Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc with the advantages of Ethereum’s security, vibrant ecosystem and openness.
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon