Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the foundational tools necessary for building the cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains. Our teams are building for a world where the next million Web3 users are simply regular users. Read our latest manifesto here.
Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
This is an opportunity to join Evmos at a pivotal time on our growth journey. Having just raised $27m in funding from investors including Polychain Capital, Coinbase Ventures and Circle Ventures, Evmos is now poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
About the role:
We're seeking a talented Operations Associate to join our dynamic Operations Team at Evmos. You will be hybrid-remote based out of San Francisco or New York. As a key player, reporting to our Head of Operations and working cross-functionally you'll help drive daily operations, tackle accounting, people, and legal challenges, and support our executive team with high-velocity projects that span all functional areas of the project. This is a broad operations role in which you will split your time between Finance, People Ops and working closely with our Co-founders. It will be a good fit for someone with 2 years work experience who is looking to get involved in the day-to-day running of a blockchain start-up.
If you're a numbers-driven problem-solver with exceptional communication skills, then this is your chance! Work in a fast-paced, agile, distributed team environment, build relationships with external vendors and suppliers, and elevate financial records with your development and maintenance expertise. With a background in FinTech, SaaS, or Strategy Consulting, you know how to bring teams together to achieve common goals. You’ll take charge and set your own objectives, delivering exceptional results in this self-directed role.
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization by taking ownership of and playing a crucial role in Finance and Accounting processes in the United States e.g. spend tracking, private expense reimbursements and accounts payable tracking.
- Be the central contact person for business partners, e.g. tax accountants and auditors.
- Forge relationships with external vendors, suppliers, and others to bring more value to Evmos.
- Improve and streamline financial records and processes.
- Take ownership of new People Operations processes and tasks including payroll/benefits administration.
- Assist in the management and improvement of our performance management and employee engagement processes.
- Produce internal policy and process documents.
- Assist the People Operations team to continue building the Evmos culture and making sure end-to-end people processes run smoothly.
- Work with Operations Leadership on special projects across Legal, Finance, Recruiting/ HR-related functions.
- Manage cross-functional projects incl. setting up milestones, targets and roadmaps for cross-team initiatives.
- Define strategic priorities for yourself and the rest of the team to bring more value to the Evmos ecosystem.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- High degree of autonomy to ensure that tasks are executed efficiently and accurately.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in a FinTech, SaaS or strategy consulting role.
- Experience with financial and budgeting software (for example Quickbooks)
- Have a solid understanding of Web3 and DeFi (nice to have, but not required).
- Proficient with Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience with People Ops tools including Justworks/other payroll software/benefits platforms (nice to have).
- Excellent communication and ability to hold stakeholders accountable.
- You will be hybrid-remote based in San Francisco or New York.
What you will learn:
- Immerse yourself in the world of blockchain and develop a deep understanding of the technology.
- Expand your network within the blockchain and DeFi space by representing Evmos.
- Develop business and negotiation skills by engaging in external supplier negotiations.
- Gain knowledge and experience in developing and implementing effective operations processes in a fast-paced, distributed team environment.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees)
- Full Health Care coverage
- Quarterly team off-sites and retreats
- Full reimbursement for ecosystem conferences (travel, accommodation, and tickets)
- Continuous learning stipends / Educational budget
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling)
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees
- PTO and situation-specific support
- Maternity and paternity leave
At Evmos, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.