Looking to contribute to Web3? Akash Network
, created by Overclock Labs, is the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute. Join the team that is providing infrastructure to power the next generation of the Internet. We envision a world where cloud compute is permissionless, sovereign, and open. Our global team includes renowned open-source, cloud, and blockchain developers, as well as seasoned experts from leading technology companies.
Overclock Labs is a distributed and growing team. You will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, crypto, cloud and Web3.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Overclock Labs you will have the opportunity to learn and master the latest in Proof-of-Stake blockchains, decentralized applications and Web3.0. You will have an excellent opportunity to expand your scope and help build the Web 3.0 decentralized infrastructure of the future.
Your Sphere of Impact
- Responsible for the technical design and collaborative team work towards delivery of new features in the cloud and chain portions of the product roadmap
- Implementing resilient and scalable systems to achieve extremely high reliability for the Akash blockchain
- Contributing to a the microservices roadmap that allows for quick iteration of Product features in a fail fast model
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, failure handling, and other non-functional requirements
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- 5+ years of professional software development in Platform/backend teams
- 2 years working in Golang specific stack
- MSc or higher in Computer Science, (or BSc with relevant experience) in software engineering
- Expert knowledge of systems design concepts and distributed computing
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Experience in key security concepts: cryptography, key/certificate management, identity, and access management
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- While open source contributions themselves are a strong nice-to-have, the team develops in open source and uses Git workflows, so you must have proven ability to develop and understand git workflows and the full SDLC in this type of environment
- Ability to stay communicative while working remotely and asynchronously
- Notable Opensource contributions in GitHub
About Akash Network
Akash Network is the world's first distributed peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute that provides a fast, efficient, and low-cost deployment solution. Utilizing containerization and open-source technology, Akash Network is capable of leveraging the 85% of underutilized cloud capacity in 8+ million data centers worldwide, enabling anyone to buy and sell compute. Developers leveraging Akash Network can access cloud compute at a fraction of the cost compared to centralized cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Alibaba.