UMA Purpose: UMA is the canonical source of truth that blockchains use to verify real world data.
UMA Vision: UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is Risk Labs?
Risk Labs is the foundation and core team behind the UMA and Across projects. UMA and Across are decentralized protocols governed by community members across the globe in DAOs, and are supported by Risk Labs Foundation. UMA's optimistic oracle (OO) can record any verifiable truth or data onto a blockchain.
Across is a cross-chain bridge for L2s and rollups secured by UMA’s OO.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high-quality products to showcase this.
- Our roadmap is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top-tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top-tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a Business Developer Manager to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our sales and marketing team, expanding the awareness and integration of UMA in the crypto and DeFi ecosystem.
- Outreach & Relationship Management: Identify key partnerships, be active in channels and communities, and build relationships- all of which should enable our sales team and ultimately increase key metrics like TVS and integrations.
- Marketing Analysis: Conduct market analysis to identify emerging trends within the DeFi and broader crypto space, and apply these insights to optimize our strategy.
- Sales enablement: Build, manage, and optimize a sales and business development pipeline, ensuring a steady flow of business opportunities, and executing on the sales strategy.
- Partner Nurturing: Build and promote long-lasting relationships by understanding customer needs, providing tailored solutions, and resourcefully triaging within the team when needed before and after the sale.
- Collaborate: Work closely with internal and external product and engineering teams to identify needs, communicate solutions, and create feedback loops for product enhancement.
- Evangelize: Attend events to network and increase brand awareness, deliver compelling presentations or workshops, and present to a range of stakeholders and decision makers.
- Always be closing: Engage in negotiations to close deals, qualify leads from marketing campaigns, and employ effective methods for lead generation and conversion
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a BD or sales role, preferably in software or protocols
- Strong networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Data driven mindset with exceptional ability to use analytical skills to hit KPIs
- Ability to convey complex concepts to various audiences with speed and influence
- Experience working with DAOs, protocols, and other web3 entities
- Excellent time management and ability to maintain multiple tasks and client needs effectively
- Technical proficiency with relevant software tools or platforms in the DeFi/Web3 space.
- Knowledge about the local market and regulatory landscape
Compensation and Benefits
- UMA's pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options, salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few).
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
- We have fun getting together twice a year at team wide offsites
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Why do we love working at Risk Labs?
We are a group that's aligned with the ethos of the crypto industry and doing our best to make an impact for the industry and world at large. You’ll succeed with Risk Labs if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about making an impact. Risk Labs is a values driven team that strives to create an environment where we can do our best work, and succeed. We're building products that we believe in, and continuing to strive for innovation and growth. Both personally and professionally we support each other to create a happy, healthy, and inspired team vibe, so we can remain motivated to build things the world needs and loves. We take pride in the fact that we are at once family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
UMA's optimistic oracle is a decentralized truth machine for Web3- yes, that’s a bold and very exciting statement. We’ve build a solid foundation, in terms of the team, the technology, and the products, and the road map ahead is one full of exciting technical challenges, growth, and telling our story to the world.
Across is the Bridge Ethereum Deserves. The more people know, the more they love us for being the fastest and most capital efficient bridge. The interoperability space is early, and it’s anyone’s game-we’re here to win.
Still want to know more?
- Our team blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, and a diverse business team to showcase their high quality tech. Our international and fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn world class talent. We have a great network of supportive investors from groups like: Placeholder, Blockchain Capital, Bain Capital, Coinbase, Dragonfly... to name a few.
- Teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to be their best selves- we care about your wellness.
- You will not get bored with Risk Labs. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving. Yes we try to allow people to focus on their specific product areas, but things are always shifting and evolving. There’s no right answer and we’re all just doing our best!