Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that.
We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help detect unusual activity, suspicious/illegal behaviors and patterns, as well as assist in
projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crimes. As part of the AML Investigations team, you’ll be be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as investigations, conducting enhanced due diligence, preparing narrative information for SAR filings, and
participating in ad-hoc projects as needed. You will utilize internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
What You'll be Doing:
What We Look For in You:
- Conduct thorough investigations on users' account activities as a result of transaction monitoring alerts.
- Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Make determinations and recommend escalation decisions on cases investigated.
- Create, update and maintain files and records related to all supporting information used during investigation.
- Prepare SAR materials and draft SAR narratives.
- Assist with ad hoc projects incl. QA alert dispositions, validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates, training, etc..
Nice to Haves:
- 3+ years experience in conducting AML related account activity analysis, due-diligence, and investigations in a financial services institution.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
- Should be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Knowledge with AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Chainalysis.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g., CAMS.
- Cryptocurrency experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive total compensation package
Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision
Company paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
More surprises when you join!