Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Data Platform team at Pagoda is building the search experience on near.org, allowing users and developers to quickly discover content, applications built on different blockchains, and search code examples. We focus on building scalable, performant, and reliable infrastructure to allow developers to add their own indexes to our search engine and increase engagement on the near.org.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with a fully distributed team around the world;
- Develop user interfaces and services for search on near.org
- Develop frameworks for software engineers to build search plugins;
- Make Performance optimizations and scalability/reliability improvements;
- Build user interfaces to display and filter through search results;
- Follow the minimal processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Develop components and applications in public clouds like GCP and AWS;
- Participate in on-call rotations;
What We're Looking For
- Hands-on experience building search experiences using ElasticSearch, Algolia or other Search-as-a-Service product is a must.
- Understanding data processing and storage solutions and ability to find balance between cost, performance and scalability.
- Experience building interactive user interfaces using React;
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Creativity to come up with proof of concept from high level design while not knowing all the details;
- Ability to write clean yet efficient code in a variety of programming languages and technologies, including TypeScript, Rust, SQL, Python;
- Effective communication skills to convey your ideas and discuss with team members for technical challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities;
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines, observability tools and metrics;
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies;
- Experience working at a startup.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $195,000, which represents the salary range applicable to US locations only. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay within the range is dependent upon many factors, including: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.