What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As part of the community team at Polygon Labs, you will report directly to the Director of Community in a small cross-functional team. Become the tech expert in the community team to support internal initiatives. Connect with builders from the Polygon ecosystem, evaluate the sentiment of the tech community in order to propose and implement improvements. Representing Polygon Labs and be willing to become a community expert thanks to the support of the team and continuous learning
- Support technical queries of the community, especially around topics such as zero-knowledge, blockchain development, and DeFi
- Coordinate with the customer support and tech teams to gather feedback from the community and share it internally
- Ensure resources are available for builders through Discord, socials, or documentation
- Create and share tech content about the Polygon ecosystem
- Technical background in either DeFi or zero-knowledge cryptography
- Familiarity with distributed systems engineering, protocols and architecture
- Previous experience as a Developer, Developer Advocate or a Tech position
- Very familiar with the blockchain ecosystem as a contributor to projects or communities
- A great understanding of how communities work or willing to learn about it
- Ability to work in a face-paced, independent start-up-like environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a remote-first environment
- Bonus if you speak other languages (Mandarin, Korean, Spanish)
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs