Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
Pagoda (fka NEAR INC) is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and business-minded commercial counsel with deep SAAS expertise, passion for Web3 and blockchain technology, and successful track record of collaborating with internal stakeholders such as engineers, product managers, finance, security, operations, and talent.
You will report directly to the General Counsel.
What You'll Be Doing
- Structure, draft, and negotiate complex commercial agreements such as SaaS subscription agreements, partnership, licensing, and master services agreements.
- Identify and address potential issues concerning data, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, product, finance, information security, operations, and talent) to solve problems, build partnerships, and close deals quickly.
- Build scalable and efficient processes for addressing risks in business-centric ways.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, and company policies in a risk-tolerant but compliant way.
- Respond to legal requests from internal stakeholders promptly, and summarize legal concepts and potential courses of action concisely and in plain English.
- Train company on relevant topics such as the contracting process, key contract issues, data privacy, and legal compliance in the procurement and contracting processes.
- Maintain entity compliance in conjunction with finance.
- Build the legal operations function.
- Assist the General Counsel in general corporate matters, including financings, entity formation, and corporate support of affiliated entities.
What We're Looking For
- Qualified attorney licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state.
- Ideally 7+ years of relevant legal experience gained at a well-regarded law firm followed by in-house experience at a technology company.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating commercial technology transactions (SaaS, licensing, partnerships).
- Knowledge of intellectual property and data privacy regulations and related requirements (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product, finance, information security, operations, and talent, on complex contract negotiations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working in Web3 and blockchain technology.
- Experience working at a startup or other fast-growing organizations
We'd Love If You Have
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry (such as financial technology)
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 45 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $200,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we do have other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.