Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture
page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro
, Kraken NFT
, and Cryptowatch
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Kraken is looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Director to build and lead our AI/ML Team in the centralized Data organization. In this role you will be applying cutting edge AI/ML technology to solving the most complex and exciting problems in the quickly growing and evolving crypto industry. We are looking for an extremely strong communicator and team-player, who is able to identify business problems, own the AI/ML strategy, and set the agenda to maximize business impact from the team.
- Develop and articulate the AI/ML Team's vision, mission, and long-term strategy aligned with the company's objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of talented machine learning engineers by fostering a collaborative and inclusive team culture that promotes knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align AI/ML initiatives with the broader business goals.
- Oversee the end-to-end development and deployment of machine learning models and solutions that address critical business challenges and opportunities in the crypto space.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in machine learning and AI technologies, and identify opportunities for innovation and improvements.
- Identify and address potential technical and business risks associated with AI/ML projects, while implementing measures to ensure data privacy, security, and compliance with relevant regulations.
Skills you should HODL
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, deep learning, and statistical modeling to address real-world problems.
- Deep experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in real-world applications.
- In-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle, DevOps (build, continuous integration, deployment tools) and best practices.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Scala, Go or other languages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated success in driving the implementation of AI/ML projects from conception to deployment.
- Solid understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies is a strong plus.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Proven experience (12+ years) leading and managing a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists in a fast-paced environment.
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-AN1 #LI-Remote #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know