Campus Marketing Representative - UCSD
Partial Remote and On Campus
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for students to help support Brave’s Campus Events Program. Campus Representatives should be passionate about Brave, leaders amongst their peers, and experts in campus life. They’ll be responsible for brand activations at their schools, identifying opportunities to showcase Brave, and educating their peers on the benefits of using the Brave browser.
- Grow Brave’s awareness by hosting events on campus and touting the benefits of Brave with peers
- Collaborate with the Brave marketing team on campaign ideas and engaging activations that meet objectives and drive impact
- Ideate and design on-campus events; host events and/or participate in existing campus events such as hackathons, study sessions, etc.
- Conduct product demos at events, and share feedback and insights back with the Brave marketing team
- Promote Brave to your fellow peers through social media
- Share specific sign-up links to drive Brave downloads and usage at your school
- Participate in pre-event communication and post-event feedback reports
- Stay in communication through one-on-one meetings or Slack conversations weekly with team leads
- Current undergraduate/graduate student at New York University, Columbia University (in the City of New York), UCSD or San Diego State University
- Must be enrolled in at least 50% of in-person classes
- Major in business administration, marketing, and sales with a strong interest in event planning
- Able to commit at least 2-8 hours per week to host events with students on your campus (and ideally much more)
- Able to receive and store program deliveries including event materials and swag
- Actively involved in campus organizations and communities
- Effective communicator who enjoys networking with others
- Reliable and willing to learn and grow
- Excited about Brave
- Eligible to work in the US and no sponsorship required
Working at Brave
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get experience at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
The hourly rate for this role is the city’s minimum wage: