Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture
page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro
, Kraken NFT
, and Cryptowatch
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Investor Relations Director, will leverage their financial and business experience and skills to provide strategic insights and data to business partners, investors and other outside partners. The individual will play an integral role within the Finance organization, and across other departments, by providing insights through financial analysis to drive effective investor and partner communication and strategic decision-making. This includes fundraising, competitor financial performance analysis, 409a valuation management, and assisting with client financial DDQ materials. They will work closely with senior leaders across Kraken’s Finance, Strategy and Executive teams to identify strategic information and opportunities in order to deepen our relations with existing and potential new investors and partners.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing investor relationships
- Work in partnership with our Finance, Strategy, Data, Comms and Research teams to develop and enhance Kraken’s external messaging and collateral
- Monitor equity and debt trends in capital markets, as well as investor sentiment. Provide expert counsel to the executive team on how these dynamics should or should not be addressed.
- Collaborate with function leaders to present persuasive, consistent corporate messaging and tailored communications to investors and employees
- Respond to investor enquiries, build relationships with the investment community, collect investor feedback, and gather insight on perceptions of company to inform messaging
- Track competitor performance, and provide comparisons and analyses to our financial performance
- Perform research and provide business, industry, competitive, and market insights to key internal, and often external, stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an overall IR strategy that prioritizes clear and effective communications with institutional investors and sell-side analysts.
- Act as a spokesperson for the company at investor and industry conferences.
- Work in partnership with Corp Development, Finance partners and Strategy to evaluate and execute M&A and other investment opportunities, including analyzing valuation and returns
- Coordinate financial oversight of transaction due diligence
- Work with Corp Development and Tax to help with deal structuring and other transaction related matters
- Additional duties as assigned
Helpful Background and Skillsets:
- Proven ability to develop, manage, and lead a team, as well as establishing and implementing procedures and a performance culture.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as an influencer and partner to internal and external stakeholders.
- A demonstrable track record in handling sensitive information and exercising excellent judgment in expediting company and investor/prospect matters.
- A first-hand experience of how to behave in this environment developed directly via experience in a start-up or scale-up organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
Skills You Should HODL:
- 14+ years of relevant experience in investor relations, management consulting, investment banking or strategic finance
- Experience at a high-growth Fintech, or Financial Services organization would be a plus
- Experience at both private and public companies would be a plus
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, business, or related fields
- Exceptional financial modeling skills, ability to build complex, scalable and easy to digest financial models
- Clearly demonstrable strength in connecting with capital markets
- Excellent project management capabilities; ability to balance multiple tasks under deadlines to produce key deliverables
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and the ability to simply complex concepts to facilitate broader organizational understanding
- Excellent communicator with outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong ability to turn complex data sets into actionable analysis
- Passion or intellectual curiosity for the crypto landscape
- Inspiring leader with a strong focus on team inclusion, engagement and development
- Ability to be strategic but also able to get into the weeds and lead by example when needed
- Passionate brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Engaging and inspiring communicator
- High level of technical expertise and knowledge
Location Tagging - #US #EU
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know