Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here
. All positions are 100% remote (with the likelihood of optional travel to team and/or industry events).
Please note we are not accepting applications for candidates in the US. If you are based in the US and open to relocating to a location within the below timezone ranges that may be a possibility. Accepted timezones: UTC-5 (EST) to UTC+7 (ICT). Preferred timezones are locations from UTC to UTC+3.
Matter Labs is looking for a visionary technical product leader to oversee our product strategy for zkSync Era. Your main objective is to devise a strategy and roadmap focused on execution velocity and developer centricity.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead product development: conceive, build and launch developer-focused, high-quality products that empower developers looking to build on zkSync era
- Work closely with engineering and our leadership team to define our product vision and strategy
- Provide product and strategic technical direction to deploy zkSync Era across several key verticals i.e. DeFi, NFTs, Gaming and Fintech
- Architect and oversee the execution of our developer relations strategy
- Effectively hire and/or manage a team of product managers
- Collaborate closely with the product marketing team to ensure zkSync Era is positioned accurately, uniquely, and true to our values
- Create and execute a a developer preview program to help shape the final stages of feature development prior to public release
What We Look For in You:
- 10+ years of experience in product management focused on developer-centric products, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Strategic thinker with the ability to envision how the crypto ecosystem will evolve and how we can develop our product strategy accordingly
- Deep experience and grasp of building products for developers ideally in the crypto space
- Best-in-class product management experience – you’ve been a product leader at a world-class developer focused company and can ship innovative products rapidly
- Strong understanding of technology and software development ideally with prior engineering experience
- Excellent communication, leadership, and analytical skills
- Passion for open source development
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.