Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating decentralized and equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has grown the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to help build Vibrant, our consumer mobile wallet. Vibrant started out organically as a crypto wallet app that provides inflation protection for Latin America and is now expanding internationally with humanitarian assistance and additional crypto use cases like yield, swaps, and cash-in from and cash-out to traditional banking rails. As a backend software engineer, you will drive the architecture and implementation of new features and technical improvements. You will work cross-functionally with product, design, and fellow engineers to make Vibrant as incredible as possible.
In this role, you will:
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process for Vibrant’s backend services - from vision to implementation to release to maintenance.
- Design software architecture that supports high scale.
- Be proactive about improving our architecture.
- Act as a leader in steering the team to the right path.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and fellow engineers on reviewing code and designs.
- Contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Help the team continually improve our deployment, monitoring, and response processes.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- A BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep experience designing and deploying production backend services at scale to cloud hosting
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Written server applications in Go, Python, Ruby, Rust, Java, or similar languages
- Great communication skills and can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process
- Expertise in software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Enthusiasm about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy
Bonus Points if (optional):
- You have experience working on backend services for mobile apps
- You have experience working on digital payments or fintech applications
- You have experience building backend services in Go or another strongly typed language
- You have experience with experimentation platforms like LaunchDarkly
- You have experience with Firebase Authentication or similar auth providers
- You have experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems
- You’re empathetic and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $165,000 - $205,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.