You will be joining our Protocol team. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required but is a strong plus.
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- Work on the core blockchain messaging layer, distributed key management and multi-chain observer infrastructure
- You will work on large scale simulation testing
What You Will Achieve:
- In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation of the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
- Within 2 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and start taking ownership of various components of the IBC toolchain roadmap. Success looks like sustainable growth and scaling the adoption of IBC and Polymer’s IBC transport hub.
- The ability to independently execute on a project given a loosely defined scope and roadmap
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, RustExperience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
About The Team:
- The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.