The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. The EF is not a company or even a traditional non-profit. We do not control Ethereum, nor are we the only organization that funds the critical development of Ethereum-related technologies. We are part of a large ecosystem of organizations, individuals, and companies that support Ethereum. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Devconnect is a collaborative Ethereum week built by (and for) everyone. The idea behind Devconnect is essentially to be a week of independent, topic-specific Ethereum events hosted by independent orgs/teams/individuals that are very familiar with the topic at hand and the events attended by those very interested in the particular topic at hand. Everything from small 25-50 person workshop-type events to make progress on something, to larger 100+ person presentation/communication-style events to spread/share education/info.
The event attracts developers, designers, researchers, creators, and others — many of whom are intrigued by cutting-edge technology, decentralization, privacy/security, free and open-source software, and the potential for Ethereum to change the world for the better. For a look at our first Devconnect in Amsterdam in April 2021, see here: https://devconnect.org/edition/amsterdam
As a Production Assistant, you’ll be handling many diverse requests that may come from our partner teams who are hosting events or from our team. We expect you to be passionate about events, attendee experience, Ethereum values, and energized by working on many different types of tasks.
This role would encompass many different aspects of event production, assisting with overseeing and managing vendors (venue, AV, ticketing, translation, BTL company, catering, internet, and design among others), facilitating collaboration between vendors whenever possible, managing volunteers, organizing logistics, speaker relationships, having good communication. As the production assistant, you will need to be familiarized with the broader Devconnect Team, which will be focused on all non-production aspects of the event including general operations, ticketing, website, programming, communications, sponsorships, etc.
Desired skills and experience
The successful applicant will be:
- You feel passionate about event production — you love putting on great and original events.
- Dedicated to delivering quality and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to final results (each detail counts).
- Inspired by the expectation that events hosted by EF should be of the highest quality.
- Willing to assist the broader team where needed on initiatives outside this main role.
- Experienced with organizing medium/large events.
- Have experience in managing event vendors such as catering, internet, transport, and AV among others.
- Innovative and able to tailor the event experience toward a unique audience.
- Effective while working under pressure with hard deadlines and unknown issues that are ever-present in event planning.
- Proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- Have great people and communication skills
- Have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done well and on time.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking). Turkish could be a plus.
- Able to work with a multicultural team.
- The exact time commitment plan can be discussed, but we estimate this role will require part-time (20hrs/week) starting ASAP, increasing to full-time in September as we near Devconnect.
- Being prepared to work long nights/weekends if necessary, especially leading up to and during the event.
- This will be a contractor-style role where you will be able to bill based on the number of hours you work, which may vary month-to-month.
- Able to meet and respond to messages at varying hours of the day to accommodate a globally-located, remote team across time zones (largely based in the Americas and European time zones).
- Have a valid passport and be able to travel throughout the year.
- Able to travel to Istanbul, Turkey from the 1st to the 21st of November.
After 1 month in this position…
- You are familiarized with Devconnect in general and the specific production timeline.
- You understand most of Devconnect production needs.
- You are familiarized with vendors and suppliers.
- You have adopted all project management and communication tools our team uses (Notion, Telegram, Discord, Google Docs, etc).
- You have developed a solid relationship with the whole Devconnect team and partners you will be assisting, have an understanding of the various initiatives within the Devconnect team, and are ready to help out wherever your help may be needed.
- Our team and this position are fully remote (except being in-person during Devconnect).
- We use project management and communication tools such as Notion, Telegram, Discord, Google Docs, etc. You will be expected to gain familiarity with them (though prior experience is not necessary)