The Aave Companies are a group of software development companies that build open-source, blockchain-based software for the Web3 world. With a mission to reinvent our modern paradigms in the realm of finance, social media and beyond, we are focused on building revolutionary products and protocols that will reinvent the ways we communicate, our financial systems, and our cultural norms. United with one clear goal, the Aave Companies are determined to build a future for users that provide them with better control over their finances, data and social experiences.
Having cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture, our team is kind, welcoming and passionate about what we are building. We celebrate differences and seek to develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool from all over the world. No matter where you are based, no ghost will be left behind and we appreciate every moment we get to work and have fun together.
About the role:
Avara Labs Cayman Holdings SEZC is looking for an experienced Group Financial Controller with experience in managing the financial aspects of a parent company along with its operating subsidiaries (collectively referred as the “Group”), as set out more fully below. An interest in decentralized finance, blockchain, web3, digital assets and financial technology is a plus. Excellent opportunity to be part of changing the traditional finance landscape.
How you can make an impact:
- Managing inhouse and outsourced accounting and financial reporting for the holding company, as well as various subsidiaries and related entities, including in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere
- Coordination and oversight of the consolidation and Group reporting deliverables
- Production of Group KPIs and dashboards, board packs and investor presentations
- Group direct tax, Transfer Pricing and inter-group service agreements
- Establishing and supporting best-practice cryptographic asset accounting and record-keeping across the Group
- Own the liaison, coordination and support of Group external audits
- Holding directorships of wholly-owned Cayman Island subsidiaries, as required, and
- Ownership of the registration and licensing of internally generated Intellectual Property (IP)
- Assisting the CFO with Finance activities including investments, investor relations, managing finance policies
- Support leadership with innovating on new economic models
Let's connect if:
- ACA, CPA or equivalent accounting professional qualification with at least 5+ years' experience
- A company secretarial qualification would be advantageous
- Technically strong understanding in terms of controls and corporate governance, corporate and indirect tax, corporate structures and transfer pricing.
- Has previous experience of working in either fintech, financial services or software development
Haven’t quite met all the criteria? Let’s not miss out on the chance to speak. Whilst you might not meet every single requirement, you might bring other, more exciting skills to the companies!
What we stand for:
Craft — Seek excellence.
Accountability — One for all. All for one.
Integrity — Be true.
Sisu — Dig deep.
Community — We’re in it together.
Equal opportunities statement:
The Aave Companies celebrates diversity and views each and every team member as a separate individual with their own unique identity. No matter your race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or even the wallet you use, we welcome you at the Aave Companies. As an equal opportunities employer, we take accountability and believe in everyone's potential to build, create and inspire changes. With a mission to build a diverse workforce, we are proud to foster a working environment in which everyone can feel safe and valued for who they are.