About The Role:
You will be Polymer Labs’ first marketing hire and lead the planning and execution of marketing efforts for the whole company. As a thoughtful story teller, you will translate the highly technical work of our engineering team into a compelling vision of safe and user-friendly interoperability that will enable crypto to onboard billions of users. You will need to cut through the noise of the crypto space & establish an audience for Polymer to help ensure the crypto industry holds true to its values of trust-minimization and decentralization as it scales.
Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required but is a strong plus.
As a strategic thinker and autonomous executor, you will be responsible for developing and delivering on marketing strategies that align with our organizational goals. Your strong communication skills, both written and spoken, will play a crucial role in crafting a unifying message and engaging with stakeholders.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to increase brand visibility and drive audience engagement.
- Construct a unifying message that resonates with our target audience and reflects our brand identity.
- Act as a strong storyteller, creating compelling narratives that capture attention and inspire action.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, including videographers, video editors & designers, to ensure seamless collaboration and high-quality content production.
- Coordinate and collaborate with partner organizations to leverage their expertise and resources for joint marketing initiatives.
- Establish a strong presence on major distribution channels online, such as podcasts, Twitter spaces, seminars, and conferences.
- Represent the organization effectively at in-person events, including conferences, summits, workshops, and panels.
- Manage post-production distribution, including crafting engaging Twitter threads and articles, to maximize reach and impact.
- Collaborate with the lean Strategy & Operations team on non-marketing related tasks to support the overall growth and success of the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing roles, demonstrating a track record of success.
- Strong strategic thinking skills for designing long-term marketing initiatives with the ability to independently bring these initiatives to life.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to distill technical concepts into a clear and concise message that resonates with the target audience. Exceptional storytelling skills to create compelling narratives that simplify complex technical informationExperience in managing relationships with third-party vendors, such as videographers and video editors.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with partner organizations to achieve shared marketing goals.
- Established presence on major distribution channels online and experience in representing organizations at in-person events.
- Proficient in managing post-production distribution through various channels, maximizing reach and impact.
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with Photoshop or Webflow, enabling the creation of visually appealing content or managing web-based marketing assets.
- Experience in Web3 technologies, leveraging blockchain and cryptocurrency-based platforms for marketing and community engagement.
About The Team:
- Join the Polymer Labs team, where a diverse group of engineers with backgrounds from top organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, and Arista Networks are coming together. Polymer Labs is a Series A startup with $26M+ in funding and backed by 40+ leading VCs and Founders. With the launch of our core protocol just around the corner, we're tackling one of DeFi's most crucial challenges: cross-chain interoperability and you will have the chance to ensure safe interoperability solutions are available to all. Join us now and help unlock the true potential of DeFi!
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.