What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
About the Role
We are looking for a crypto-native candidate for the role of Developer Relations Engineer to join our efforts to engage and drive adoption of middleware, tools, and solutions in the Polygon ecosystem. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with developers to create a vibrant developer community around Polygon. You will engage with developers to help them build on Polygon and promote the platform, as well as work closely with other teams to ensure the success of developers building on Polygon.
- Work closely with developers to help them understand and build on Polygon.
- Create and execute on a developer relations strategy for Polygon.
- Develop technical documentation, code samples, and other resources to make it easy for developers to get started building on Polygon.
- Identify and recruit developers to build on Polygon.
- Manage and grow Polygon's developer community through events, meetups, and other activities.
- Act as a liaison between the developer community and other teams within Polygon.
- Work with the product team to prioritize developer feedback and feature requests.
- Continuously measure and report on the success of Polygon's developer relations efforts.
What we're looking for
- Experience in developer relations or developer advocacy.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, specifically Polygon's stack and middleware solutions.
- Ability to write technical documentation and code samples.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a distributed team and across time zones.
- Passion for building developer communities and helping developers succeed.
- Experience working with DAOs and decentralized governance is a plus.
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless.
- Access to a large team (in-house Developer Studio) for supporting initiatives.
- Freedom, autonomy, and responsibility.
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working.
Join us in building the future of Web3 on Polygon!
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75/ Month internet or phone reimbursement
Unlimited Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs