Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Product Manager with a deep understanding of blockchain technology and programming languages. The main goal is to assist the engineering team in advancing and promoting the Move Language. To achieve this, you will help drive the direction for enhancing developer support through improvements to the Move language and developer platform. You will collaborate with internal engineering teams and external ecosystem partners to work on Move development collaborations and establish the strategy around developer education.
As the Technical Product Manager, you will manage a portfolio of education products and develop an educational content strategy. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and measuring this strategy across multiple lines of business, assisting the broader team with developer onboarding, acting as the first technical point of contact for our education providers and builders, and more. To achieve this, you will develop a strategy around easy-to-follow tutorials, run Bootcamps, produce content, and organize webinars. In addition, you will manage the communications and logistics that underpin the program's educational offerings.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with engineering to set the vision and roadmap for:
- advancement of Move language and smart contracts on Aptos
- improvement of developer support via better tooling/platform
- this includes working with external partners or vendors who might help with the development
- Develop educational content that is accessible and targets people who are new to blockchain
- Help to develop and shape the education content strategy for the company
- Collaborate with our language and engineering team, as well as with our partners to align on the content
- Create content and other gamified elements of course work to increase engagement and enhance learner/user experience
- Collaborating with Aptos engineers, Product Marketing Managers, Technical Writers, and Technical Documentation maintainers to create educational content that can be used in mutually beneficial contexts
- Manage a portfolio of education products and contents
- Work with 10+ education providers on a continuous basis to ensure they deliver high-quality content
- Manage timeline of launching and publicizing education content
- Work with marketing to maximize the reach of these content
- Work with Aptos Foundation to review grant proposals from new providers
- Explore more partnerships such as local organizations and universities to increase reach
- Work with hackathon and accelerator program organizers (internally and externally) to provide the best support for teams given our education portfolio
- Work with engineers internally to keep aware of upcoming new developments and plan to incorporate them into the portfolio accordingly
- Work with technical writers internally to have consistent coverage and referencing across documentation and education contents.
- Strategize education content + Engage with the greater developer community
- Deeply understand the needs from developers and ensure good coverage of contents and content types (e.g. courses, videos, blog posts)
- Understand direct competitors and analyze their strategies to gain insights on how to improve our own program for the highest impact
- Understand other blockchains and their strategies for builder and partner adoption and position our program well to maximize growth and adoption
- Work with data analytics and do qualitative research (with partners, providers, builders) to create an effective feedback loop to continuously improve our education program
- Be the first (technical) PoC and deciding when to fallback internally
- Have a decent technical understanding of ecosystem and smart contracts to be able to answer initial questions from partners, builders, and education providers
- Know when and who to fall back to (internal) for deeper questions that dev rels and engineers can answer
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Product or Program Management
- Experience with programming language and runtime
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology and smart contracts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with developer growth, educational product development, marketing, and launch
- Familiarity with analytics and data-driven decision-making
- Ability to travel as required
The base salary range for this full-time position is $175k - $245k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.