Axelar is a blockchain that connects blockchains, enabling universal Web3 interoperability. Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. Our infrastructure allows dApp users to interact with any asset or application, on any chain, with one click.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
Since the start of the year, the Axelar Network has processed almost $2 billion in cross-chain volume, connected 37 chains, and hundreds of developers are building around the stack.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an experienced in-house Legal Counsel to join our team. The ideal candidate should understand the legal and regulatory landscape surrounding the crypto and web3 space. They should be familiar with the challenges and opportunities of emerging technologies. This is a unique opportunity to be the first legal counsel in a company working on innovative technology in the Web3 space. Key responsibilities include:
- Holistically own our Legal function, partnering with outside law firms, ensuring we deeply understand the risk of any actions we take
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with partners and clients
- Advise on regulatory compliance related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Conduct legal research to stay up to date with changes in the regulatory landscape and advise the team accordingly
- Help develop and implement internal policies and procedures related to legal and compliance matters
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to provide legal guidance on a variety of issues
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- 2-3 years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in Financial Services or Technology
- A minimum of 5 years of experience practicing law, with a focus on blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and related regulatory issues
- Strong negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of legal matters
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences
- Familiarity with crypto or blockchain products and services is a plus
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. You need to be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and lead projects in a dynamic environment.
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- Scope to contribute to high-impact work and make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Opportunity to challenge yourself while learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with a token grant to participate in the upside of a fast-growing business
- Opportunity to build the foundations of blockchain protocols that will have a place in history