As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
With a remote-first, global team of 340+ people, Parity is building open-source technologies for developers and organisations to implement and build upon. Our Web3 tech stack includes Polkadot, Substrate, and Kusama.
We believe in a decentralised web that respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services. Our vision is to create a world based on truthful, rather than trustful, interactions. Our mission is to make Polkadot the most active and innovative community in blockchain.
People in our collective are:
- Highly motivated to contribute to Parity’s mission and be part of something bigger
- Excited to work on projects that are groundbreaking and complex
- Autonomous workers that self-initiate, but also collaborate well with others
- Taking maximum accountability and having minimum ego at work
- Comfortable with chaos and adapting to the ever-changing Web3 space
- Continuously educating themselves about Parity and the wider ecosystem
We are seeking an experienced Director of Account Management to build and lead our account management team and drive customer satisfaction and retention within the Polkadot blockchain ecosystem. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the blockchain industry and will have a track record of having built and maintained relationships with tech builders, and will be responsible for ensuring high levels of satisfaction for our ecosystem teams, particularly in their relationship with Parity.
About the Position:
- Lead and manage the account management team, ensuring they meet performance targets and deliver high-quality service to teams building in our space..
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to enhance customer satisfaction, build relationships with clients, and create a robust offering to encourage existing teams to stay in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Manage internal stakeholders in their relationship development with our builder teams, and collaborate with internal teams to create new offerings to said teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the most critical parachain teams, understanding their needs and providing them with excellent service.
- Work closely with our product development and technical teams to ensure we are communicating around our technology that meet the needs of teams building in our space.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the executive team on the performance of the account management team, key account metrics, and feedback.
- Collaborate with our marcomms team and Growth team to identify new opportunities and go-to-market strategies for teams in our ecosystem.
- 5+ years of experience in account management, customer success, or related roles, ideally within the blockchain industry.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proven ability to develop and execute successful account plans, with a track record of driving customer satisfaction and retention.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, specifically in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment with changing priorities and minimal supervision.
- This role offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative team within the blockchain industry, and to lead the growth of our business through strong relationships and strategic planning focused on customer satisfaction and retention. The successful candidate will be a key member of our leadership team and will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our account management and customer success efforts.
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages based on iterative market research, including tokens (where legally possible)
- “Future of work” environment that’s remote-first and self-initiating with flexible hours
- Team mates that are genuinely excited about their impact and projects
- Access to the brightest minds in this space to learn about Web3 and develop your skills and knowledge while on the job
- Becoming part of the wider ecosystem (career and networking opportunities)
- Regular, global retreats with both your team and the entire company
- Work laptop
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal (with visa sponsorship)
Employees in Germany, Portugal, and the U.K., also enjoy benefits such as health care, parental leave, PTO (28 days per year), local team events, yearly L&D budget, and language classes.
Parity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity in our global team and care about everyone in our collective feeling included and welcome.
View our Applicant Notice to see how we use your data.
Is this position not your match? Browse our other career opportunities