Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
You will lead an experienced Site Reliability Engineering team, ensuring our services and tooling are available, building infrastructure to make our team's production and testing environments available, and greasing the rails of our systems and processes to ensure they're robust, efficient, and easy to deploy.
SDF has a robust career path for both individual contributors and managers.
In this role, you will:
- Establish a clear vision and mandate for the Site Reliability Engineering team
- Define the SRE team's quarterly OKRs to best align with the company's goals
- Define processes of collaboration between SREs and development teams throughout the software development lifecycle
- Define a career growth path for the SRE team, as well as coach and mentor individual contributors on the team
- Define and track metrics across engineering and help hold engineering teams accountable for their KPIs
- Coordinate priorities with other teams and areas of the organization
- Plan and execute sprints, track progress and oversee day-to-day tactical decisions
- Design and build reliable systems, and infrastructure that is easy to use by software engineers
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems in production
- Define and participate in 24/7 on-call rotations alongside the team
- Mediate technical discussions and review PRs
- Jump in as needed with code fixes and hands-on contributions
- Collaborate across the Stellar ecosystem, engaging with key partners and advising on their integration to set them up for success
- 3+ years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer
- 1+ year of experience managing or tech-leading an SRE team
- Site Reliability Engineering experience:
- Strong track record of collaborating with dev teams at all stages of product development (design, development/CI, beta testing, production)
- Strong track record collaborating on defining, measuring and driving improvements in KPIs
- Strong track record assisting teams during Root Cause Analysis and post mortems
- Infrastructure and Operations experience:
- Designing and building out the infrastructure for large distributed systems
- Maintaining highly-available infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and understanding complex technical problems
- Using configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Building and maintaining infrastructure using Kubernetes
- Highly autonomous; able to find clarity in ambiguous circumstances
- Excellent communicator; comfortable working with remote team members
Bonus Points if:
- 3+ years of experience writing code in a major programming language
- You have worked on an open source project
- You have managed a distributed team
- You build things for fun in your spare time
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $165,000 - $205,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.