Applicant Privacy Notice
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Are you looking for a challenging Accounting position in the dynamic, fast paced growing world of Blockchain? Ava Labs is looking for an Accounting Manager who will help assist the Controller and Director of Finance with the Accounting functions and Audits along with helping oversee current team members.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Audit preparation (audit schedule and financial statement preparation, interfacing with auditors)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and review general account reconciliations prepared by others
- Take ownership of entity’s general ledgers
- Supervise the efforts, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and general cashiering or other areas as directed by the Controller and Director of Finance
- Manage technical accounting support including performing accounting research, communicating recommendations to internal stakeholders, and implementing accounting processes for unusual and/or complex transactions on an ad hoc basis
- Manage inter-company accounting including reconciliation of inter-company balances, identifying and resolving gaps between assigned entities and respective counterparties globally
- Work with Treasury and other departments to ensure proper accounting treatments of complex transactions
- Support Controller with conducting internal operations review and internal audit self-assessments to ensure departmental compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Actively advise other department managers with matters dealing with labor standards, payroll, and other cost control issues that may arise
- Safeguard the cash assets through monthly bank reconciliations, cash counts of all issued Banks, including general cashier, and reporting any discrepancies to the Controller
- Have a working knowledge of all areas in Finance to ensure that coverage can be provided when required
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation related to external audit requirements, and interact with external auditors as required
- Develop and update policies and manuals, as related to the division/department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across the group
- Implement policies and procedures and any controls or reporting tools required for company compliance
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
- 7+ years of public accounting experience, ideally within traditional finance, fintech, or blockchain
- CPA designation preferred
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Experienced with accounting for complex business entities especially a parent organization with multiple subsidiaries
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system; NetSuite is preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIF
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Strong systems orientation with a desire to drive process automation, using financial systems and tools
- Must possess a high level of integrity and demonstrate a strong ethical character in all professional and personal interactions
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a willingness to take initiative to identify areas for process improvement and drive results
- Willing to take a hands-on approach and get involved in all aspects of the job
- Passion for crypto/web3 and eagerness to consume latest news and developments
Base Salary Range: $128,800 to $161,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.