As a Security Response Engineer on the Threat Management team, you will be responsible for preventing, detecting, and responding to all manner of security incidents that impact the company, on and off chain. You will be responsible for developing and deploying tools to automate, enrich, and integrate data from a wide variety of sources into our security stack. You will steward a culture of security as you work with teams across the company to drive down risk.
This role is also a career-defining opportunity, as you will be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure designed to power the digital agreements of the future.
- Drive the resolution of security incidents across all facets of the company
- Build novel detection capabilities for threats across local, cloud, and blockchain environments
- Collaborate with individuals across our infrastructure, finance, IT, and HR teams on security-related projects
- Develop tools to automate response processes to expedite analysis workflows
- Participate in a week-long on-call rotation
- Experience writing detection rules focused on threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Proficiency in threat hunting across large datasets
- Coding experience (Python, Ruby, Go or similar)
- Software engineering/computer science/computer security background
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with analysis of host and network telemetry
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.