UX Research Intern
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for a UX Research intern to help scale research operations and build research strategies. You will be a part of an energetic team and work cross-functionally with design and product teams to identify research needs and influence product development. You will be working on mix-method research projects, providing support to the research operations, and help establish research strategies here at Brave.
- Provide support in various types of research (generative and evaluative)
- Assist with research operation in executing various research projects to ensure project quality and progress
- Synthesize research data and translate it into actionable items
- Present research findings to stakeholders
- Bring fresh perspectives and ideas to the UX Research effort at Brave to help establish a long term UX ecosystem
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate (senior year) or graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Behavior Sciences, or Psychology
- Experience with a broad range of research methods, data collection, and analytical techniques
- Ability to shift priorities and to follow through on initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to connect with partners in product, engineering, marketing, design, etc
- Strong problem solving abilities
- A research portfolio to showcase your research skills
- Applied research experience
- Knowledge on statistical testing
- Experience in R and Python for statistical analysis
This position is a sleeves up, heels dug in, high quality and high output research role in an equally high revving team that serves 100% of the company’s research needs for product design and development. We are all doers getting it done every day. We have fun with a great team dynamic and required camaraderie. Joining this team will require an amazing portfolio with no broken links. Please note: we will not be able to respond to applications that do not include a portfolio link.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
LinkedIn | Glassdoor | brave.com