All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
This is a career-defining opportunity to oversee the international tax function in a fast-growing global tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Manage key stakeholders in the tax planning and execution process, including outside tax advisors, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR to ensure proper risk assessment, planning, development and execution of the tax planning strategies
- Oversee the US federal, state, local and international income tax returns prepared by the external service providers and ensure their complete and timely filing
- Support the documentation of the transfer pricing policies, the respective inter-company accounting, and work with external service providers to develop transfer pricing documentation reports
- Monitor tax legislation updates and analyze their impacts
- Research complex tax issuesLead tax technology and process optimization
- Other duties / special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of relevant tax experience in Big 4 and/or public company, including hands-on US corporate and international tax compliance experience
- Proven track record of successfully advising tech clients in emerging technology sectors and thinking outside the box on novel tax cases
- Strong organizational skills to manage deadlines and multiple projects and responsibilities timely and effectively, attention to detail
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
- Willing to grow in a startup environment, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets, ERP experience
- Knowledge of crypto industry specific tax compliance matters is preferred but not required
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.