Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. Our infrastructure enables dApp users to interact with any asset or application, on any chain, with one click. Axelar is a blockchain that connects blockchains, enabling universal Web3 interoperability. The network is secured using proof-of-stake consensus, and messages are routed and translated using permissionless protocols. Axelar is like Stripe for Web3.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Polkadot and Terra. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
Since the start of the year, the Axelar Network processed >$1.5B in cross-chain volume, connected 27 chains, and hundreds of developers are building around the stack.
As a DevOps protocols engineer, you will be a key contributor helping scale and operate the Axelar network.
What you will be doing
- You will be taking on responsibilities to operate the public network. This includes managing the deployments and upgrades of Axelar's smart contracts & core network, managing foundation delegations, driving governance of network and improving stability and reliability of in-house DApps.
- Building and expanding our monitoring capabilities to ensure our stack, as well as that of public validators, runs smoothly
- Evaluating and helping integrate new security focused protocols
- Strengthening our security posture and refining protocols for offline signing etc.
- Improving the infrastructure and deployment to improve team's agility and velocity
- Forging solid relationships within Axelar to fully understand the needs in the ecosystem whilst working in an agile environment
What you will need
- Experience deploying Smart Contracts
- Good understanding of cryptography
- Scripting / Go / Rush coding skills
- Experience managing a blockchain network, coordinating upgrades etc.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in a cloud environment
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience working with modern CI/CD tools
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn
- Security oriented coding and deployment mindset
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment
- You enjoy being hands on, being a self starter that thrives well in ambiguity
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to to do things differently
- Understand how to use blockchains / DeFi as a user
What’s in it for you
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase