What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
- This role will be the APAC Business Development Leader focused on driving partnerships across verticals in region.
- The ideal candidate would have BD, partnership and strategy experience in both Web2 and Web3 partnerships and would be able to leverage their industry connections to grow business for Polygon. This person would also be the single threaded leader for APAC partnerships and will be autonomous in their daily roles
- The activities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, reaching out, forging partnerships and managing a regional team.
- You will work closely with the global bd team to help drive industry leading deals in the APAC region.
- Expectations:Polygon Labs is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior role and would report to the Head of Global BD.
What you need to succeed:
- 10-12+ years in Business Development
- Ability to build and grow world class BD teams.
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the gaming industry and advise how game studios can interact and join the web3 Polygon ecosystem.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and Web3 gaming and concepts
- Have industry knowledge of gaming revenue points and lead discussions of moving to a web3 revenue generation business model and Marketplaces.
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution.
- Account and project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and enragement of different Polygon internal business units.
- Be able to hold advanced negotiations with high-level gaming studios and enterprise clients to allocate Polygon Studios resources to be able to win projects.
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon