At Chainlink, we put our users first, focusing on consistently bringing innovative, world-changing products to market to serve millions of people every day.
We're designing tools and services that enable our users to build, run, scale, and integrate decentralized apps (dApps) in a trust-minimized world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Product Design Director to establish an impactful and efficient design process and working practices that include close collaboration with the Product and Engineering departments.
- Define the overall vision for the product experience
- Build and lead a world-class Product Design team to deliver successful products that meet business’, Product’ and Engineering needs
- Establish an impactful and efficient design process and working practices that include close collaboration with Product and Engineering
- Deliver measurable user experience improvements in new and existing products
- Lead the team to translate complex and highly technical concepts into usable and intuitive products
- Ensure that the work meets the highest quality standards for Design and User Experience
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with peers in other departments
- Strategically allocate Product Design resources prioritizing business goals
- Encourage an innovation and experimentation culture by focusing on design thinking techniques and leading discussions about the short and long-term future vision
- At least 9+ years of relevant design experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience leading a team of Product Designers or UX designers
- Experience working across departments to understand what the larger organization needs from Design, identifying opportunities, and addressing constraints
- Solution-driven and collaborative mentality to resolve issues and optimize processes
- Proven ability to balance strategic and tactical work
- Proven track record of working closely with Product and Engineering teams to ship successful products
- A high level of care, and attention to detail
- Comfortable facilitating workshops, design sprints, and other activities with peers
- Ability to make quality decisions, and make constant progress in an ever-evolving technological industry
- Desire to take ownership of Projects and outcomes
- Ability to communicate and articulate Design decisions
- Proficiency in Figma, and familiar with Jira
- A curious, no-ego approach to leadership, design, and product development
- Experience working on a remote, cross-functional design team (ideally as a Product or UX Designer in a Tech company)
- Blockchain interest or experience (bonus if you are already familiar with Chainlink)
- Developer experience is a big plus
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.